Awesome, right? A cherished week of freedom before the homestretch- summer break- is in sight.
But what if you are a working mother? What if you are a working, single mother? Either way, your life this week is a pile of suck. A graduated pile of suck depending on the complexities of your circumstances.
|Mommie: I'm bored and you're late for work!|
Let me put together a hypothetical set of scenarios:
- Spring Break- so no school- what to do with the little one(s) for 6-8 hrs of the day?
- Job- yours-
- Demanding- or at least demands your presence and undivided attention- that's a challenge given #1
- Enables the world to go around- food, housing, gets one to school during non-spring break weeks with shoes, lunch dough etc
- Enables you to pay for the school fundraiser- listen up school!
- Numerous other reasons why you need to have it
- Single Mother- divorced/single/widowed- whatever- you're in it on your own
- 1+-Multiple Kids- some on spring break, others not- horror now and horror later
- Job- keep returning to this- you're supposed to travel this week too
- Decorum- keep it together- you're a mother, a boss, an employee etc- a model for others
- Children- oblivious to this- as they should be- but they're not helping either
- Home- keep going- meals, cleaning, laundry- it gets harder given the above points
- OSO- Off Schedule Operations- it makes life suck- hardcore suck
- What else? Gosh, I don't know- maybe there is an ex-spouse lurking? Maybe you're got a cold, or...I could go on but this is making the anxiety well in me even...
To my own mother, who was a working mommie: I know that some spring break past, I made your life more challenging. How about a belated apology and a chai tea latte on me? You still got it all done, and just the right way. I <3 you, lady!
|Spring Break = Pile of S*ck|
To conclude, this one is for all of you mommies at the mercy of SFUSD this week. Here's to you!
Now, what can I do to help?