Monday, November 21, 2011

Passing of the Unicorn: A new day!

Last week I blogged about moving on, and as it turns out it is actually happening. Wow.

Passing of the unicorn to M Cowen
I've tried to keep this hush-hush, as I'm not for sharing the details of my life. You might say that I blew my cover when I blogged about moving last week. Au contraire mon fraire! A dirty secret about social media is that no one reads blogs.That was one of my top posts. It had 28 hits.

My ostensible reason for writing this post has to do with the US Masters Swimming team I've been pleased to be a part of for the past the six years, the Chicago Smelts. Master's swimming is hardcore, competitive swimming for adults who like that sort of thing. Right. Maybe you're asking where I fit? I've devoted myself to working behind the scenes, not to competing. Like in my professional life, I make sh*t happen and I do it pretty darn well.

Warning: Somewhat emotive portion of this post-  I've met some of 'my people' here. Really. The sort of friends that aren't temporal or limited in scope. They've welcomed me into their lives and vice versa. I'm better for it, and I hope they are too.

So it's time to pass along the unofficial 'mascot,' the unicorn.

A symbolic gesture, but not a hollow gesture. Tell me about a time you've passed your own 'unicorn'....




1 comment:

  1. Well written and pleasantly funny. Look forward to your new blog adventures.

    ReplyDelete