Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy 27th!

Wow, I've truly neglected this blog. I've actually had plenty of reason to write, but given my state I am loathe to see this blog read like a suicide note. So I've maintained my silence. Until now that is.

Last night I was invited by CP and PH to join them for Yoshi's 27th anniversary. Note this spot has been written about previously. It's beginning to become kind of a guilty pleasure, huh? As I've mentioned Yoshi has a number of loyal customers, so the place was full. Nice to see on a gloomy Tuesday evening.

We started with a Bombay martini- yes we are purists:



Quickly we were into the First Course of Kaiseki Style Appetizer of BBQ Eel Sushi, Chicken Roulade and Crab Cake. Take a gander foodies:



Since there were three diners and three Main Course options:
  • Steamed Half Lobster- you guessed that was mine, right?
  • Wagyu Brisket- PH
  • Oven Roasted White Fish- CP
We felt we needed to give each it's due. Here's a pic of the lobster:



Then on to dessert. Mind you I am not a fan of dessert, but it was a Baked Asian Pear Covered with a Puff Pastry. I do like pears, and to be honest am hard pressed to identify a puff pastry I 've met and haven't liked. It was pretty tasty also. Here's a shot:


Because this blogger is kind of feeling sorry for himself, really I am, it was comforting to spend the evening with good friends in a lovely, festive surrounding. Thanks much guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment