Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Moving? Go, But Pack Only Good Energy

Do I really need this?
Before I moved across the country, I had the pleasure of meeting @TheLisaDShow. An emigre from TX, she has candidly chronicled the experience of being in a new locale with family in tow.

She is celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the move, and you can view it here. She's a darn good blogger, and Evanston is lucky to have her. I especially like items #11 through #19. @TheLisaDShow, will you permit me to piggyback and add a few points of my own?

First, I am not my belongings and my belongings aren't me. It's a long story but I gotta have my stuff until I don't. Surprise, there is plenty of stuff in SF, and I need little of it. Shelter, warmth, a nosh, and wifi make the top four.

Second, leverage the undiscovered path. It will lead you to a vibrant sense of being. I won't go as far as to suggest I'm there yet. There is no recreating the life you had, but there is a new one waiting to be had. Again, not there yet, but I think it'll be pretty awesome.

Third, life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans. I'll ruin this if I elaborate, so enough said.

Fourth, if something isn't working, do something else. Anything is better than nothing. This relates to LisaD's point about jobs finding those who 'seek' or 'make' them. If you put a little positive energy into the universe, it will return the favor.

Fifth, create a little demand and you'll be in demand. This follows from point #4 I think.

Sixth, chill out and be yourself. Back to that positive energy thing.

Seventh, always move forward. That's right, learn from the past for the present and the future. The journey ahead is always way more interesting.

What else?

2 comments:

  1. Daniel I love this list and am so happy to have inspired it! Very flattered! Life is exactly what happens when you're busy making plans and I am so happy for you that your plans in San Fran are happening. Keep up the great work and look me up if you're in Chicago, would love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa you are most welcome. I honestly regret that we didn't get better acquainted before I moved. I guess we traded places in a sense. Regarding my plans here- truly- they are still a work in progress. And they didn't unfold in the way I'd anticipated. I expect that to continue, so best to be totally open to what the universe holds. I now am a total believer in the notion that life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans. That said, I have a hunch our paths will pass again. Be well, friend!

    ReplyDelete