Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dim Sum and Then Some

This past Sunday I had a brunch date with PC- a good friend- and the featured cuisine was Dim Sum. I have to admit that I've never had Dim Sum in Chicago, although there are numerous outlets. I am fond of Dim, so naturally I leapt at the suggestion.

We went to Furama (yes, there's a yelp review coming) on B'way in Uptown. The company was topnotch, and the Dim did not disappoint either. Upon entering we ventured into a vast room that was set-up to face a stage. There must be some sort of events that go on here. No sooner were we seated, than the trolleys of Dim Sum began to make their way to us.

From August 2009


And they kept coming, many trolleys just like the one pictured above. I left like a first time visitor to some asiatic market- where the mystery sheathed in miasma continuously unfolds before me. There was a definite cognitive dissonance. We sampled more offerings from more trolleys:

From August 2009


I used to work with PC- well actually for PC- and he has since gone on to run his proprietary ventures. One of them- a bar- is about to reopen following a fire. The fire was back in Feb, and he is now set to reopen in Sept. I am still hoping to catch a 'guest bartender' gig. We'll have to stay tuned on that.

Following our visit, it was off to BK's natal day party. While en route, I ran into a former fling. This fling in particular got me started down the road of digging the well put together, muscle-ey, fourty ish guys. I was reminded why, and were it not for BK's soiree...Anyway I was not about to dust BK on his natal day, afternoon delight or no.

When I arrived at BK's tiddy, well appointed abode, I was pleased to see he made a cake:

From August 2009


It was a lovely afternoon for a soiree, and we had it in the courtyard. A good number of smelts who I haven't seen for most of the summer dropped by, and we ended up staying until quite late:

From August 2009


All told it was a banner Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment