Wednesday, September 23, 2009

@Publisher

It just dawned on me today that I'm a publisher. Yes, writing this blog that no one reads elevates me into the realm of publisher. And, I don't even have a 4 Times Square address.



Which takes me to my next topic of tweets. Not the kind birdies make techno-phobes, rather those nomenclated by Twitter.

Today, a blogger and columnist from Time, Peter Ha, started a wee uproar in certain circles by posting a tweet asking for information on the demise of another publication. Note: I work for said publication and while it is for sale it is by no means being shuttered. Or at least I'm not aware of any such plans.

So a couple of things:

- Mr Ha as a journalist- a tech writer no less- certainly know what happens when you post provacative tweets to @everyone.
- Either Mr Ha is incorrect, and will have egg on his face, or...........
- He's dead right, and receives due accolades for getting an accurate source and I'm out of a job.

Did I mention that Mr Ha is a former writer for said publication, and presently writes a column for a similarly storied media brand? Yes, I'm saying no one in old skewl media (the media that used to pay) is immune, nor is anyone in new skewl- as that media has never paid.

Just some thoughts. I guess that tweets don't yet move markets, but they do provoke crowdsourcing which kind of makes one a publisher by default.

No comments:

Post a Comment