Monday, October 12, 2009

Hospitality

Rarely do I entertain at my place. This is the by-product of living out of the way, and having a Lilliputian space. So I think no one wants to drop by for a cocktail and nosh. That is until I issue an invitation.

From October 2009


I invited some colleagues- they're friends really- for an aperitif followed by dinner at GdA. Borrowing a concept from Ms Martha I featured a signature drink for the evening: Count D's Bubbly. Very seasonal and somewhat local:

From October 2009


The Cava was delightful and complements just about anything. I think that is always the case with sparkling wine- it just goes with everything. So naturally it should be consumed with.......everything!

AJ and her lover-boy, AS, were in top notch form that evening:

From October 2009


I keep telling AS he should consider Abe Lincoln as a Halloween option. Also joining was BP and his lovely Bride, TP:

From October 2009


This leaves me thinking I should issue invites more often. I'm not a disaster as a host and I am capable of creating an enjoyable environment. I am a self respecting gay man after all. What next? Perhaps event planning as a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment