Monday, August 29, 2011

Sunday--->Funday?! Sliding into the last days of Summer

Summer is slowly fading fast. So sayeth Henry Saiz. I came across that quote mid-winter in the northern hemisphere. The tables are turned, and I am becoming wistful- perhaps prematurely- for our own Summer. It is beginning to fade slowly, but quickly.

An injury had me sometime sidelined for most of the summer, so now I am beginning to gorge on all the Summer fun I can. Yesterday presented an ideal opportunity.

Norwood Park- by Chicago Park District
Check out the photo. Let me ask you, when was the last time you slid down a water slide? If you are like me, and I'm a fairly active adult, you can probably measure the time in decades. I'm just saying. And, if you are like me, you probably feel that is too long.

It is too long. And let me tell you, the slide was epic! So too was the picnic afterwards. So too was the company. What more could one want? Well, except maybe another month of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment