Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy 40th!

A rather chilly and sodden evening, I sit and write this blog as I listen to WFMT. I find that station to be enjoyable in the evening- a nice footnote to the day.

I wanted to take a moment to wish my 'rents a Happy 40th Anniversary! Okay, granted their actual anniversary was in late November, and it was last Sunday that we went to Big Jones to celebrate- it is still worth noting.

I had sent my mother a list of suggested restaurants, and following some deliberation she settled on Big Jones. She is fond of Cajun cuisine- or in this case 'southern coastal'.

We started our meal with a pork belly appetizer, which was as tasty as it was attractive:



And moved on to Fried Green Tomatoes:




My Main Course was Shrimp and Grits:



All of these items were accompanied by cocktails- lest you think we'd fore go that. Most of us sampling the Ma' Lousianne- a Manhattan-like drink. The exception was Mother who had Agave Julep.

I hope they had an enjoyable time. The ambiance and service made it a truly well rounded Sunday evening. I departed with some left-overs and a few Open Table points. And if you're not partaking of the later, then you should.

I wonder if I should get married so someone will take me to dinner? I think that's an additional post.



No comments:

Post a Comment