Monday, December 7, 2009

The Week That Was

And what a week it was. It isn't often that the TC senses he's obtained a new lease on life, but in an unexpected way that's what happened. The TC (yes, I am now referring to myself in third person) went from despondency to a new lease. That's as optimistic as I am willing to wax at the moment.

I knew things were headed in a good direction on Wednesday evening. I caught a glimpse of something that was photo worthy. There was a dashing fellow- who it turns out was just from a kung fu class- dining on something tasty. I had to investigate the chef's special. Apparently he is treated to offerings from the kitchen. Frankly I can see why- he was as nice as he was good looking. Even offering a sample of the delicacy in question. Here's a pic from Thai Authentic Cuisine:


Granted not for all palates, but it sure is photogenic, eh?

The following evening was also good for the TC's outlook. I joined some friends (actually former colleagues) for the CIMA Holiday Soiree in the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier. It was kind of an unorthodox situation, given I was no longer in the employ of said entity. But it was refreshing to catch-up with colleagues, and talk to clients. That is to talk to clients as a guest, not as clients. Plus there were Manhattan's being served. Here's a good shot:


Are you getting the symbolism of that fishies? If you're not, then........

Maybe not the most scintillating post, but I am catching up on this blog. For those of you who read this, it looks like I have some special 'Southern Fried' pics for the next post. 'Til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment