Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No Fur = No North America

And therefore Europe, or any place else in the world you can think of, becomes a wee bit to significantly more crowded with all those peeps who couldn't move here.

That is a broad conclusion to make, but I think there is supporting evidence. If one considers that it was fur traders who settled vast swaths of North America, establishing lines of trade that drew settlers, this idea isn't so far fetched. Plus, fur has a practical application- it's so darn warm! So yes, if you were, oh say a 17th century French explorer in the new world you had no polar fleece. And if you wore polar fleece you froze to death. Fur kept you alive. So there, Greenpeace can suck that.

The economic considerations of the 17th century aside, fur is pretty darn glam these days.


Once upon a time I would've felt guilty for even considering a fur. Alas no more. I hate being cold. Plus I find myself thirsting for the authenticity of tactile pleasures. Fur is one such, martini's another, domestic drugs yet another. See an episode of Mad Men if you require further clarification.


This all starts for me when the outside temp dips below a certain point. Plus, I saw some non-ghetto dude walking down the street the other day looking quite dapper in a fur jacket. That could be me I thought.

Before I start receiving hate mail- which would at least prove someone reads this blog- I'd like to change tack. I had the distinct pleasure of dining at a friend's house this past Saturday. And you may note, I am not a fan of sweets, but this Pineapple Upside-Down Cake was such a mod, holiday sight I had to blog it.


Don't you agree? Thanks, Peter.

In closing, no traditionalist am I. But I wish 'ye all a Merry, Merry and all that.



No comments:

Post a Comment